Sunday, May 25, 2008

NEW M14 / THE DOUBLE DUTCH BUS

Click above for official information.
Brought to you by the graphic artists behind 31 Flavors & cement mixing trucks in hearty crappy mashed bus seat velour.
You can tell it's one of the blue dot special busses because there are erratic blue landing lights that flash hypnotically in the upper corners of the bus (see first picture).
All the standard classic accessories like the yellow "push to request stop" strip and "keep arm in" plaque are the same, but they really shine against the blue. The black and white speckle floor all of a sudden seems to take on a classic composition notebook classic quality which I didn't appreciate so much before.
If you are pale like me, blue is the best backdrop. Red can be chancy and there is nothing worse than a queen in green.
Unfortunately, by the end of my ride, the textile was making me totally sick.
It did, however, create a great reason to wear solids.
I recently mentioned the M14 to some tedious girl who wouldn't stop asking me "what I did" at a party and she didn't know what it was. I told her it was a bus. She got cab snobby and I told her that busses were more green. She didn't know what green was. I looked down and she had her she had her shoes off (& it wasn't a party at someone's apt) and she had hammer toes. Sorry, thought I'd share the taste of stale milk with you that was my meeting her acquaintance. R





1 comment:

billybeyond.com said...

gorge. love the new look. the bus i mean.'