Sunday, June 8, 2008

EAST VILLAGE TOWER OF TOYS TAKEN DOWN

That's right, the 6th St. & Ave B Community Garden 'Tower Of Toys' by hippie artist Eddie Boros is completely gone with just some caution tape left around the site and a surgical mask just a "Blowing In The Wind"...



OK- Yeah, I know, a LITTLE LATE but...
I don't know if by 'Die Hard Yuppie Scum' they mean people who were Bruce Willis fans during the time that the Die Hard series of movies was popular, or just yuppies that look like Bruce Willis (male and female). Perhaps putting posters up declaring anyone to 'die' is illegal and they had to say 'die hard', meaning that I hope it is hard if you do die. I don't know.
1st & Bowery has a brand new Chase which I have found rather convenient as it's totally vacant and at my disposal. I think the irony of the protest might be that all 10 people that show up are probably taxpayers, local tenants and... um... yes, yuppies. R

No comments: