Thursday, November 13, 2008

"EXCUSE ME ? ! ? !" DAME SHIRLEY BASSEY


After leaving the protest my spirits did sink a little. There's a postpartum depression many artists experience after they complete something creative and it was this feeling mixed with the gay romantic blues (...for about 2 seconds as I got descended into the subway, then some man barreled into me storming out of the turn style, leaving me screaming an obcenity at him with my love sign in hand before I got on my train).
Everything is so screwed up - for everybody. Married, unmarried, "unmarriable", whatever. Science has finally proven that after a certain amount of time close together two people emit pheromones that make them get on each other nerves. Ok, so I heard that in Woody Allen's "Sleeper". I found this song on one of my 17 Shirley Bassey records and always loved it. Huge Shirley worshipper here. It's very out of character for Shirley to ever use slang or improper English in any song or interview. She is a Dame you know. My friend just sent me this gem of a clip and it made me love love love Shirley Bassey even more. If that's possible. R

1 comment: