Saturday, November 22, 2008

SHE'S COME DOWN FROM THE VIOLET SKIES TO SAVE THE DAY





I'm always honored when people let me into their archives and I wish I could have reproduced better shots of her club days photos. You may remember her from dancing in the cage suspended in the center of the Limelight back in the day. She hung with Olympia & Tattie & Pat. She always wears purple. When asked why, she says "It just makes everything easier." She has shown me purple as a compliment to every color and even has a subtle varying collection of mute colored purples. New York magazine did an article on people who wore monochromatic clothes and they sure missed her! The 'purplage' is bursting out of everything. Even the mattes on her Salvador Dali drawings have a purple hue. If it isn't purple, she makes it purple. Presently, she is the captain on racing sailboats and yachts in tropical locales, which I think is just a divine career.








No comments: