Thursday, July 3, 2008

10 EXPRESSIONS I HATE & TELLING A GUY OFF AFTER A ROTTEN - UM - 'DATE'...

I always smile and don't flinch when I hear these from people (they are just trying to be friendly), I just can't stand these nubby lazy expressions that so many people find handy and start using:

1. "Are you still working on that?" - I've never 'worked on' a plate of food that I was eating. It would be ok if I was carving a turkey or chiseling a statue of 'The Thinker" out of cheese. Maybe it's for those gross people in movies who move their food around all over their plate while they talk.


2. "Sounds like a plan" - Are we holding blueprints and wearing visors?

3. "Sweet" - Frat derived, makes me shiver.


4. "Not so much" - I can handle your saying you don't like something.

5. "Ya think?"

6. "Genius" - Like the Palestinian yashmag shawl loosely around your neck, your jeans tucked into your boots and your carefully selected worn tote containing Parliaments? (oh, & your mousy beard)


7. "****ing Brilliant!" - Calm down and go to a dentist.

8. When someone asks how you are and you happily say 'Ok!', moving on with the conversation, and they say "Oh, just ok?" - Those people are totally dark and messed up.

9. "My bad" - your what?

10. "It's all good!" - No, it's not.



This is old, but this guy had to be asked to leave he was really messed up. I'm guilty of the expressions "I've been to paradise but I've never been to me", "I have an appointment with me tomorrow" and "What makes you think I'm satisfied in the slightest... and you think you're adding to that satisfaction?" He nutted up soon after and started pacing and actually cut his head on the underside of the spiral staircase before he left, refusing medical attention... R

No comments: