Sunday, July 20, 2008

STILL LIFE - STILL UNTALENTED

I was born really talented. Luckily, for those with mediocre talent and pretentious taste there is always the art of still life architectural photography. I know I'm generalizing and treading on many famous and talented artists who did take great photos of inanimate objects. I'm not talking about them - you know who you are. Unless you are using a film camera with a format larger than 35 mm (or you made your camera yourself), your pics of buildings that 'reflect your original taste of form' and inspired shots of 'sputnik lamps' are tired and so are you. I remember in photo school - everyone with no talent combed the museums and shot all the classic sculpture and architecture. I mean with someone else doing the WORK designing the thing, how could you go wrong. Well you have gone terribly wrong and your images are as shallow as you are. R


No comments: