Thursday, July 10, 2008

DARK?

You know, someone said they liked my blog but it was 'dark.' I agree - but darkness has an upper hand and edge on so much graphic imagery. The most wicked people in history (that had ad campaigns) had the strongest sharpest pulled together product image, i'm sorry to say. Fascist imagery has been characteristically seductive. Also, deco imagery is cold and icy in it's perfection. The polar opposite being, say, modern spiritual leaders or gurus. You love them, but their promotional images water down to pastels or unmemorable sketch drawings and other bland imagery.
Ok and i bitch A LOT. But I'm truly the most retarded and really don't take myself so seriously.
In person I love people! I love cheer! I love sunshine! And who knows what I'm enjoying in this spliced image of me in some off colour moment that some wise guy took! R

Right after posting this I went out for a midnight snack of scrambled egg whites and feta cheese and this was what was hanging right in front of my building. This might put a kink in my lofty 'dark' imagery theory!

...in this tangled web the stoplights are against you...

No comments: