Thursday, February 5, 2009

BEAUTY BASHERS


Way too many close family members and loved ones of mine have been neglecting their well being by enduring unnecessary pain from cosmetic procedures. I've seen a lot of this lately and I think it is an under researched pattern that is evolving. It could be as simple as not tending to incision sites with neosporin constantly (which you need to do) to as awful as not providing proper pain relief for injections or post surgical ailing. I think it stems from our culture being at once a culture that revolves around physical beauty and one that bashes people for their pursuit and success in attaining beauty. People getting work done think they deserve to suffer because of this beauty bashing attitude. I can't tell you how many times I've suggested things to people that help and even get rid of pain entirely and they just say "Uh huh" and go ahead anyway, then complain later about how it hurt. I mention it again and they just look around like the wind is blowing. De ni al. I am a big supporter of harm reduction - give the drug addicts clean needles, give the surgery addicts drugs.


"Fuzz grows on a peach. A peach grows off a stem. If your looks looked after you, LOOK AFTER THEM."

3 comments:

Mitzi said...

EMLA Crème is for pussies. I was offered it when I had botox amd the ruby laser, I refused it saying I wanted the pain, same when I had my tongue pierced, he was going to spray my tongue with something or other, until I waved him off. When I'm feeling tense I like to unwind by getting my man to indivdually pluck the hairs from my legs. Bliss.

Reavis Eitel said...

Well ok, girl.

Reavis Eitel said...

I mean that's totally different. These people aren't into pain, they're just being stupid.