Friday, April 17, 2009

SERVICE PRICES IN CHINATOWN AT ALL TIME LOW


Because the old Chinese bj's were one dolla fifty cent and they were terrible. There is always a one story high white Kuan Yin on that balcony which is most probably getting a spring cleaning.


So many old people were running into a very short fast moving line for chinese food. It must have been really cheap. Ladies were running out really fast with stack of four to five of those big foam to go things. I really wanted to get on the 99cent bj line to see what was going down but like anything I try that hoards of Chinese people are doing I get shooed away. Being Chinese is about knowing your place and you will always be told or at least dismissed.


This back alley spa looked like it would have a great water boarding facial.



I love this temple. When you walk in you are faced with a huge piece of plexiglass within just a few feet where you can see the inside of the temple. There is an incense table and offering box in front of the partition and it has the feel of paying homage to the Buddha in a liquor store in a bad neighborhood. I like the Dharma Wheel window gates.


On the stoop next to this was a very ancient Chinese man who I didn't intend or try to shoot but he seriously crouched away when he saw I had a camera. Madison street is a more unknown and less touristy part of Chinatown. Despite present real estate values Chinatown was a ghetto not all of which is all set up and welcome to being for sale as an exotic curiosity to 'round eyes'.


I'm buying most of these oversized grotesque knockers for my Chinese bedroom. I want a whole bevy on the black glossy wall. Something to wake up to.

No comments: