Sunday, October 4, 2009

DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHAT THIS IS?


What is this? Other than gorgeous and a fierce face I would never mess with. Ovah. I was walking towards Ave B and there is this guy that sells broken cassette players and used hair crimpers and such things on a broken folding table. I saw this diva head from across the street. As I approach some dumpy dude goes right up to it and asks how much and the guy says $4-. I pretend to look at crappy cd's as the guy checks the picture out. He says "I'll think about it" (!?) and I pop my sunglasses off and say "He'll think about it I'll take it!" There was a matching etching of a cock which I wasn't interested in (I know, what's wrong with me, I love cock) but I said "I'll give you $10- for both" and snatched them up. The peddler man was so grateful. I think he was really poor that day I felt bad. Anyway, they are sort of large and in excellent condition and the images are etched into wood. Now I don't think they were hand carved because they are so photographic looking. I looked closely for flaws or human like marks in the way they were executed and I just don't think a person did it by hand. If they were done by hand these are remarkable in terms of skill, but I think the face is awesome no matter what. It looks like a laser etching, I don't know. Come on all you many many (m a n y) quiet people in the dark, now is your opportunity to anonymously help with some small talk. I know you know what these are.

7 comments:

Marco Channing said...

Without knowing what the surface texture feels like, they look like the images were silk screened based on what they look like on the photos.

Reavis Eitel said...

True, but they are etched into wood and someone must know if these are a common factory made process or not?

DrL said...

top is kate moss though

Reavis Eitel said...

Yeah? The mouth definitely. I keep thinking it's a black fag, maybee it's the wood color.

twunty mcslore said...

those look like chemical etchings on wood. I remember some of my art school friends doing those on stone as well. Amazing detail.

jAck said...

Definitely Kate Moss.

Reavis Eitel said...

Yeah it's Kate. Chem etch, totally.