Saturday, August 9, 2008

ERNIE KOVACS DRAG

This is all to keep you from being restless while i continue to download ALL the bootleg Liza Mannelli footage to Utube. It takes awhile.

Ernie Kovacs was a legendary comedic nut...

He lost his legs in a HIDEOUS car accident!

THEN he proceeded to perform behind a piano with fake legs hanging over it! I couldn't find a pic of this but if you click Ernie Kovacs heading above, they have a site for him.


I actually wasn't sure where to go to see the Liza Mannelli concert when I got off the F train and took it upon myself to follow the fierce queen with bleached hair in a pink polo with an AIDS charity tote. I mean how could I miss!
Since the three of us had each found where Liza was performing around the same time, we waited in line together, became friends and then all sat and saw the show together. The tall dashing gentleman on the far left is NOT Ernie Kovacs, his name is Harry Lines - and boy did he have a lot of lines to tell me!

In the 1950s-60s Harry did drag using an Ernie Kovacs style prop of fake legs that I believe he said his mother helped him with. Sick! Fabulous! You go girl!

No comments: