Sunday, August 10, 2008

LIZA MINNELLI AT CONEY ISLAND BOOTLEG FOOTAGE 8-7-08

ClIcK On BeLoW JUDY-LIZA YANTRA & EnTeR tHe VoRtEx ! ! ! :

Going to Coney Island on the F train you pass over a graveyard that is on either side of the elevated track. This graveyard is so densely packed that from above it i thought that it resembled the aerial view of Manhattan I sometimes get when flying back into the city.



Washing feet before entering the temple of Liza.

The line of women sitting behind me were very local. One ran up to me gushing "We're beach people. We love to eat and we love to drink and party!" then slid back into her seat. They had a big tupperware container of ambrosia - which I love and never get. They gave me some with their special chocolate sauce drowning it.

The three of us met waiting in line for seats and sat together. More on the gentleman on the far left in blog entry "ERNIE KOVACS DRAG" below



This man featured below was near me. He sat in his own beach chair had daisy dukes on (!) and a headband which was totally in synch with Liza's much better flapper headband. He also had a very loud and strong tambourine which he hit incessantly as he screamed at LIza through the tail end of the perfromance telling her to do 'New York New York' as everyone screamed at him to shut up.

Con Edison was a sponsor for the Liza Minnelli concert in Coney Island and the mc was Marty Markowit who tawkt and tawkt so much i wouldn't have been surprised if he had invited everyone over later for cake and cawffy. Everybody in the audience had been sitting for a long time and the natives were restless. In very poor taste, Con Ed threw 'the con ed girl' onstage to calm the audience. When she went on about Con Ed loves you, people went berserk. They were smart to put her in a hard hat!


Liza is about to start so please turn up your hearing aids


It's taken a long time to download them & Utube has rejected a clip of a monologue of hers (I think because she mentions Jenny Craig - i don't know). I know I wasn't nearly close enough, but after the security guard told me not to film at the end of the 1st clip, I found that I could easily get a shot of the screen by discreetly stabilizing the camera on the knee of my crossed leg. I was able to video almost all of them except for the "New York New York" finale she coughed through. Liza was in a sparkling satin flapper outfit, the night was clear and there was a low, huge unbelievably red cherry moon that night, and she was ssssschhhlurring alot.

If going straight to UTUBE please utilize the WATCH IN HIGH QUALITY option below the view counter in the lower right of the clip (it makes a huge difference):





Intro

Monologue intro to "Sara Lee"

"Sara Lee" - mind you Liza has lost 45 lbs

"I Am My Own Best Friend" ...absolutely heart wrenching

"You've Let Yourself Go"

"He's Funny That Way"

Liza Receiving Flowers & Speaking


Afterwards, I was watching the cherry moon over the water from a bench on the boardwalk and Billy Beyond appeared with some of his friends. We went by the mostly closed amusement park and took more pictures peeking at it from outside the fence then once we got in. Billy said documenting Coney Island was a full time job and I agree. I'm going back next sunday the 17th for "Sandcastles": classic house music on a dance floor they put on the sand beach with lights!
link: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=365302118

Why ride the Cyclone when you can ride and ponder the existential YCLONE?




Michael Jackson & Tina Turner painted plywood cutouts

Unidentified headless pop star cutout

Late at night they sometimes just turn off the lights and let people spin. LOVE the track, don't know what it is:

No comments: