Friday, August 22, 2008

GOOGLY EYE

Woman on craft site suggests covering old purses with googly eyes & enters into complete madness. Poor man's Murakami:


I recently got this freakish, very mediterranean evil eye & seal of Solomon combo at the trippiest little hole in the wall jewelry watch repair with every charm since the 50's at cluelessly low prices: he's Max Nass Inc., a sweet tiny old Hindu man sitting on a stool wearing necklaces on 118 E.28th St bet Park & Lex 212.679.8158. I spend forever in there and he doesn't hover over you with any sell. I'm getting this gold plated - if i'm going to walk around with a Jewish star that glares at you, it better be at least gold-en!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I was just there the other day with sunshine, Patty, and Amy. If it wasn't the right store then it was on the same block. I got you a bottle of Ganges water and she showed me the poster of Hanuman with body. Love your blog.

Love,
Alison

Reavis Eitel said...

YES there is a Hanuman framed picture where he is in professional bodybuilder pose in a gold frame - have to have it! Ganges water... whoa. Thnx Ali! XOX CREVICE