Thursday, August 28, 2008

THIS IS FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY

Click to enlarge... the enlarged!


Ok, I'm totally evil for all this. May I first say that I am not truly cold hearted and that I see twinkling human spirits glowing through even the creepiest of wack Sear portraits. I also absolutely LOVE... my family.
That being said I mortified someone I was flirting with today who brought up the holiday weekend ...and family. When I shared my hateful head helen thoughts on families and told him about
my new no family policy he wasn't amused and was very 'good luck with that', then he split.

I spotted him later secretly glaring at me while I was on the elliptical machine, so I think he did want me to have his bebes.

Anyway, this all stems from my being recently repeatedly invited to this one random way out of town family event of someone that so so so has nothing to do with me. It's so weird - I'm socially spammed to come to this one families gatherings and I think the persons inviting me are bored to death visiting their families that they want to share their taste of stale milk with me. I had to decline:

"i love love love you and don't want to hurt your feelings, i just don't want to go to (up there). ever.

there's a reason why people move to avenue C and get covered in tattoos. I've worked very hard to have the little life i have and i relish every day that i don't have to meet moms dads aunts and uncles in their native habitat. i don't like families. i don't answer the question 'what do you do' hardly ever and love it. i don't care what other people do. i'm grossed out by people and their smelly children and their quaint provincial stories, no matter how nice and loving they are. i don't ever have to deal with this except at weddings (which i avoid) and funerals. it's one of the hard won luxuries as a reclusive single gay man with odd interests and politics. it's the payoff of trying to get away from 'families' all my life."

My oracle said that she had an aunt who, at the age of 50, declared that she would never go to a funeral again in her life. She never attended one again and lived to 98! She said some people thought she was a monster, but most people just accepted it.

My other friend crossing the street with me today agreed and said "Oh please honey, let the dead bury the dead!"



All their ads on television say 'a family company'. I haven't cleaned many family-like surfaces with these products. I don't know if Christ worship is behind it or what, but I find it creepy.


Did you know that FAMILY is the number one cause of intelligent single people fleeing to urban meccas?

1 comment:

TJB said...

The little tuxedoed gent in the first photo is definitely a burgeoning homo. The dad in the last one is, too, and I'm sure he and McGreevey have crossed paths and swords at various NJ rest stops.

I avoided family functions (mine and other people's) throughout most of my 20's; now, as I move through my 30's, I find myself a bit mellower and more tolerant of suburbanites in general, and my family in particular. Plus, you can drink their booze for free.