Friday, June 12, 2009

NO LEATHER BARS IN NYC

The Eagle voted best leather bar by NY Magazine? It's the only leather bar in Nw York City! The Eagle & The Spike on the West Side Highway have been closed and turned into fancy art galleries for some time now. I was a Lure boy myself, literally as I go-go'd and did performance art there for years. I recently went to the current Eagle that has been in the mid 20's near the WSH for sometime. It's an entire building, sort of like a townhouse... wait! It's exactly LIKE 'The Townhouse'! Ha.


Sombody said that they hated the Eagle as their status update. I HAD to rant:

Reavis Eitel at 12:05am June 12
Oh it's gotten terrible. I remember when a leather bar was a LEATHER BAR. Now it's a roof deck cocktail party with groups of 4-5 quietly socializing in shirts and khakis. I had to text something hot to come pick me up and when I mentioned what he was packing these queens were like 'oh what are you going to do with that' and when I told them they blushed. Leather bar? I think not. Pussies.

No comments: