Saturday, December 27, 2008

ALTAR BETWEEN THE STAIR AND THE TERRACE FLOURISHES

My altar is in bloom. The buddha does not mind resting on ugly pressboard above a drawer of socks (I'll get a sari to throw over it, hush up). My own OCD to get the Moroccan lamps even was in vain ; my walls and ceiling are completely warped, like it's inhabitant, due to being on the top floor. The good thing about Moroccan lamps is that they were designed for you to be able to leave a candle in them unattended, and my altar has candles burning 24 hours a day. Morocco hasn't burned down yet. For votive candle shoppers, may I suggest the 7 day candles, they are well worth it for your dollar. The regular ones last 2 - 2 1/2 days tops. I buy them from the elderly ladies at one of the last the local Santeria Botanicas (The LES is horribly gentrified). Change the oranges on the altar before they get stale and do an incense every day. The bother will change your life in 1 week. I'm not promoting Buddhism here necessarily, by the way. You could have a picture of a sports car a dead celebrity or a piece of soap: just find something you can tolerate or are fond of looking at. Something from the unseen will come and inhabit that image and interact with you without fail. If your intentions are good, have no fear of anything creepy joining you. Demonology is overrated anyway ; most are just mischievous and are too busy in politics anyways.



Who is this mystic lady amongst the green dots tucked away behind the altar? Have a closer click - its the Lady Serena Sunshine!

2 comments:

Mitzi said...

I know what would look fabulous at your alter, a "Mandle Candle" those magical colour changing candles. Who needs a television when you've got a Mandle candle for entertainment.

Reavis Eitel said...

That's retarded!
I want a ManHandle Candle.