Tuesday, December 30, 2008

LULU JOINS THE COSMOS


Lulu (aka YoolOohLu), 13, was put down today. It had been well planned and she had the greatest of blessings from Buddhist temples and those that love her. TABBOO! came by to pick up some Callas and Caballe records I was getting rid of, but as he is the closest thing to a guru I know I sort of had an ulterior motive for Lulu to be blessed by his presence. I had no idea that he would make such a perfect depiction of Lulu with her lovable snagglepuss, pellet like figure and unclipped rat like claws! I love it. Little Miss Lulu had a huge hamburger with cheese and an egg (her favorite) and chocolate ice cream with chocolate sauce, because dogs can't eat chocolate - but what's it going to do today, kill her? She ran in the sun and was later euthanized with a great deal of class. I, of course, appreciate anyone's condolences (but they aren't necessary), but please no omg's or exclamations or hysteria, it's extremely bad for the recently dead and I feel very strongly about that.


5 comments:

Mitzi said...

Just 5 days after losing Eartha too. Poor Lulu.

Reavis Eitel said...

Mitzi, you never fail to make me roar laughing, thank you - you've been a great internet friend.

billybeyond.com said...

toodles Lu. LOts of love to you Reav. LULU couldn't have had a more fun or glamorous life. A loyall friend, a gentle beast.

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Anonymous said...

Im so sorry for your loss but it sounds like LULU had a very dignified and spiritual entree into the hereafter...You're a great dad.

ayeM8y said...

A very stoic and dignified decision I must say. “Here’s to LuLu” Sorry for your loss Reavis, may this year be the best.