Monday, December 8, 2008

THE RECESSION GOURMET



This may be only for New Yorkers. Garlic knots from the pizza place are the cheapest item's available for your starch-garlic dollar. Get a bunch for just a dollar and don't have them heat them up. Take them home and cut them up, smearing them a small amount of pesto sauce. Put fine fresh mozzarella on top and put in preheated 350 oven for 12-15 min. Just don't skimp on your cheeses and your life will be ok during this time, I swear. Plastic Marilyn Monroe Warhol side dishes are 95 cents each at cb2 on broadway. Get everyone a set for Christmas for nothing and make everyone feel like a collector.


I'm hungry again thanks to the new medication they have me on, Megastrol (2nd from the left, below). Get outta my way - I'm hungry! 3-4 meals a day! You're meeting me for lunch and your late... then really late? Oh no no no I'm HUNGRY and I'll bite your thigh before we get an 'appetizer order in for starters while we talk'. Oh, and God help you if you are standing between me and a table of breakfast. What all this means is that when in April when I'm over with this treatment (and cured!), I'm back on the elliptical at the gym and eating greens and watching carbs again like the rest of the world. Well, a some of us. Oh... a few of us.

2 comments:

Mitzi said...

No offence Sausage, but I couldn't bring myself to eat that muck, even served on a Marilyn Monroe plate.

Reavis Eitel said...

haha lol - it does look pretty gross.