Sunday, December 28, 2008

PUFFN OUT


Two Jabba images in my blog in just a few weeks. Just when you may have thought my blog had become dark enough, I have this to share. Ok, so readers may know that I'm on a treatment that made me lose way too much weight. They put me on Megastrol Oral Suspension, an evil rancid liquid for anorexics or people wasting. Within 3 days of taking just a teaspoon a day I was eating double portion vats of penne vodka with mozzarella and resting a few hours before eating more. It was fun and perfectly ok, having dropped 18 lbs was scary and I just enjoyed it. I was also put Remeron a mild antidepressant that also puts weight on. BOOM-PUFF: I get Edema, this condition that, well it's gross I don't suggest you look it up, but it puffs your lower face neck abdomen knees ankles etc LOL. I'm sorry, but it is funny. It is also not symmetrical which adds to the it's weirdness. I got it in the lower face and neck. I look like Tori Spelling on steroids. I stopped taking the drugs a week ago and I'm still eating like it's my last day and have a neck like a pelican. Most people look like sh*t anyways, so nobody has really noticed. I had trouble speaking a little cause of it and that's when I faced the fact that I was puffin out big time. It has been fun making faces for my friends. Also, one of the ways you can tell that you have the condition is if you poke edema areas for 5 seconds, then remove your finger, it stays indented then puffs back out - like memory foam! Im great at parties. I've been doing 45 minutes of cario everyday for a week and to see my face in motion in the mirror across from the elliptical machine is a hoot. It will go away but I can't stop laughing about it because it's so screwed up. I have 3 months a 3 weeks left on the interferon and I'm going to be cured so I don't care. I have trainers aestheticians and dermatologists lined up for April. While laid up on my treatment I had my old broken nose fixed and converted back into the perfect roman nose I originally had, my regular constant infusion of botox (of course), a few other little things done and extensive tattoo work. I'm going to look downright unbelievable in August. I must say that it has been bizarre being Karen Carpenter one month and Jabba the next. Two incarnations I never thought I would have in my lifetime, and certainly not so close to each other and for such a brief period of time.

No comments: