Monday, November 9, 2009

DIGGING OUT AND DUSTING OFF MY FINE ART AND RETURNING TO MAKING REAL WORK FULL TIME NOW

These are two murky sort of depressing, definitely psychiatrically not ok unfinished paintings I never finished that alwys creeped me out. Mushy brooding colors, unattractive features. NO hairstyles! Well not all good art is pretty. And not all ugly art... should be seen. But guess what? My art is for ugly people!



I have a lot of work. I'm digging it out and cataloging it as well as starting new things. This one was never finished. With and without flash in the photo made two very different color schemes. The man on the right is blue, but the yellow values of the light bursts in the top one are correct, so I posted both of them. Wicked features. Not even chic appealing wicked features, but brash careless uncomfortable looking. The pointillist redering ouside of the actual heads was a great exercise and is fantastic close up. Wouldn't hang them anywhere though.


The tar baby. I love the tar baby, don't care if he's no looker. I always felt bad for the tar baby in Brer Rabbit, even though he was a dummy tar scarecrow trap. This is very heavy as it is inches and inches or layers or acrylic and plastic pointillist drops and gliter. It's fragile because on wax paper. Love the tar bebe. Never painted his hands. He's holing al sorts of straws.

No comments: