Tuesday, January 6, 2009

I LOVE CHINATOWN


I love Chinatown and not just because a lady is making me curtains for $8- each. I'm just a skip away from it and it is a complex jungle of streets that become more obscure and void of round eyes south and east of the end of the Bowery. Madison street way under the bridge. Undiscovered territory. On the way through I stop in the Buddhist temples and light incense and take my chances with the rolled up fortunes (they'll tell you 'outlook bad' on some days). I know I just told off every religion, but the Buddhists don't bother anyone. They won't try to sell their religion and if they do good deeds they don't walk around trying to credit it. I love any practice that includes leaving me and everyone else alone. I was in a Buddhist and Confucian temple yesterday and I looked on the altar and there was a whole cooked chicken! I'm a little confused by that.

2 comments:

Mitzi said...

$8 curtains they better be lined for that price!

Reavis Eitel said...

You gotta see this place it's like where the kid bought a gremlin in that movie.