Friday, January 2, 2009

THANKS I'LL CHERISH IT


I came down from my apartment tonight in pajamas and a north face coat to give my friend an envelope as she drove by. She hopped out of the Cazal glasses wearing Daddy driven Cadillac and gave me this - with no bag or wrapping! She ran into the car laughing hysterically and sped off. I immediately stuffed it in my coat, looking around the street in horror! You should have seen my face. Upstairs I pulled it out - this is the ugliest wormiest thing I have ever seen. Maybe if it was painted black lacquer? No no no: I have to pass this on and humiliate someone else. I don't have the badass b*tch getaway car though so the gifting will pale in comparison. God this thing makes me shudder. Maybe I'll put it under my roommate's comforter for when he returns from holiday...

5 comments:

ayeM8y said...

Oh I know some Mary’s that would love to have that. I suppose that’s why it has that icky brown patina.

Reavis Eitel said...

GAG!

Mitzi said...

Do what I do when I receive an unwanted gift with no receipt. Leave it on someone's doorstep.

Reavis Eitel said...

That's hot, M. You have t break into a building in nyc to get to a doorstep and this fist is just the thing to do it! I keep thinking a bug is going to crawl out one of the cracks in it.

Reavis Eitel said...

Proportionately, it's a particularly ugly fist and arm.