Saturday, January 3, 2009

SCREWED HAIR AWARD OF THE DAY


Where are these creations coming from where some areas are permed and some are relaxed? And the matching it to the collar? I like that the lady in front of her is sporting a complimentary hood fringe. The left side of the pineapple hair was shaved in a grid. I popped this getting off the 6 train on Canal street today as I went through the turn style and she clocked the flash and turned around "Scuse me did you just take a picture of me?" I smiled gently as I looked up from checking the photo. "Hm, sorry?" She just blinked really hard and pressed up the stair. Oh, she had long yellow plastic banana-like earrings. I didn't take pictures of screwed hair for some time because I thought it was mean but readers were outraged.

1 comment:

Mitzi said...

That is some fucked up do, it looks like a home bleach job to me without toner, very popular in women's prisons. Have you seen the one where they just bleach the front of the hair and leave the rest untouched? Classic! What is it with women when they reach a certain age, they feel an urge to have a short back and sides and a tight perm on top, dyed mauve, wear polyester and suck on mint imperials, and they wonder why their husbands run off with younger women.