Friday, January 9, 2009

LULU CONTACTS ME FROM BEYOND THE GRAVE

I'm looking at my blog from the past month and a half and there is a lot of death. Sorry folks. Death is even cackling at us in some soap scum! As the old Columbian woman who took care of me growing up (as mom was resting) would often say, "Reavis, DEATH is as close to you as your SKIN!" And then she would pinch me. I was like no honey death is as close to YOU as YOUR skin. Get away from me.


Lulu's ashes were picked up tuesday. I had been telling people that I believed in leaving the dead be, then after a week or usually ten days they try to contact you - if they do at all. I had completely forgotton about that when I went to bed last night. In my dream I just crossed Houston street with some pieces of chicken. Since I'm not having chicken anymore I turn around to the corner where the curb slopes and put the chicken down. Who runs up? Little Lulu! I used to pet her when I (over) fed her and that's what I did while she practically swallowed the thing whole (as she would do in life). Little fatty just came to visit me from the afterlife to get more food from me! When she was done she walked past me and I saw the back of her and the dream went to smoke. I'm just realizing two things now. One that she always loved chicken above all things and couldn't keep it down during her last few weeks. Bless her for being the little dung chunk that she was and coming back and getting what she wanted one last time! The other is that that this happened at a street intersection and the dead often make themselves available at crossroads (like Hecate). This dream happened exactly 10 days after died.


I didn't know how upsetting digging up images of her from this year to photoshop would be. You can really see how miserable, demented and blind she was. Maybe it's too soon. Hell, it's always to soon for my illustrations on this blog! Below, Lulu's humongous rat ass going into the light...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear about lulu. I just read your blog and it's clear that you made her final days very comfortable and surrounded her with love and lots of junk food. I will miss her and our makeout sessions.

Mitzi said...

Lulu in the sky with diamonds. I'm often visited by dead relatives via dreams. Did Lulu look rejuvenated in your dream, with a etheral glow around her?

Reavis Eitel said...

Nope. She looked like she wanted chicken, then she split.